Our priority is to prevent someone from losing their home and becoming homeless whenever possible. This could be in the form of providing support and assistance to remain in your current home, or to help you secure a new home to enable a 'planned move'.
- Preventing Homelessness Strategy 2016 - 2019 The Homelessness Strategy identifies key priorities.
- What do I do if I am faced with being homeless? Information and advice on options and assistance available to you.
- Making a homeless application Information and advice on criteria and process for an application.
- Unhappy with the Outcome of your Homeless Application? If you are unhappy with our decision, you may wish to discuss the matter further with the officer who has made the decision.
- Threatened with homelessness because you are struggling with your rent or mortgage? You need to contact the Council as there are a number of ways in which help can be provided.
- Support for Mortgage Interest (SMI) Support for Mortgage Interest is paid as part of income support.
- Homeowner Mortgage Scheme This is designed to help households whose income has dropped because of the economic downturn.
- Getting help in Court if you are facing repossession (UK Wide) You can get help if your case goes to Court.