Light pollution is artificial light emitted from premises which cause a nuisance. Common sources of complaint include domestic security lighting, sports lighting and car parks.
- How are complaints handled? In most cases we will seek an informal resolution, however if this is not effective, we will take further steps to investigate.
- How do I report a nuisance problem? First approach whoever is responsible for causing the problem. If for any reason you prefer the Council to deal with your complaint on your behalf, then please contact us.
- Light Nuisance Information and advice on light problems, including how to prevent them.
- What is the law concerning Nuisance problems? Under certain circumstances the Council can stop many types of nuisance problems from continuing. These include neighbour noise such as loud music and barking dogs, smoke from bonfires, odour from industrial premises and excessively bright lights.
- Home Security Lighting Simple guidelines for installing security lights correctly which will not cause nuisance to your neighbours.