"Encouraging all of our communities to reach their full potential" is one of the key aims of the Council's current Corporate Plan. This aim has been developed in the context of the Government’s Big Society and Localism agendas and focuses on increasing capacity within communities to find solutions to their own issues.
As part of the council's ambitious Community Empowerment Programme, we are establishing the mechanisms and processes by which the Council is able to support more communities to identify and prioritise their own needs, and achieve their ambitions for the place where they live. The programme is also supporting local councillors in developing their role as community leaders and in doing so helping communities to take a greater role in resolving issues that are important to them.
- All About Test Valley Facts and figures about living and working in the Test Valley.
- Arranging Community Events Hints and tips on things to consider when arranging public events
- Community Engagement Officers Test Valley Borough Council Community Engagement Team, here to support local communities.
- Community Grants Information, help and advice on how to apply for a Community Grant
- Community led Plans Information and advice on Community Planning and details of various projects undertaken by Local Communities
- Community Rights Community Rights
- Elected Representatives
- My Local Area The following pages provide useful information and links about the area you live in.