Methods of recovering your debt

If you fall behind with your monthly instalments and the council have obtained a Liability Order there are a number of options available to collect the outstanding balance. These are:

  • An Attachment of Earnings Order
  • Deductions from Income Support and some other benefits
  • Bailiff Action
  • Charging Orders
  • Commitment to Prison
  • If you are a Councillor, an Attachment of Allowances
  • Insolvency

Please see the links on the left for further details.