The Andover Summit was organised by Test Valley Borough Council and held in November 2012. The Summit brought together a range of interested parties to agree a set of priority actions to improve the town. The actions were then taken forward by five working groups.
- Andover Local A-Z Guide Online guide to businesses in Andover - please note this is an external website.
- The Chantry Centre and Andover Town Centre Partnership Information on facilities in the Town Centre and Shops for the Chantry Centre Andover. Please see external web links for more information.
- Working Groups summary As a result of the Andover Summit five working groups were set up to focus on the key areas affecting the town.
- Environmental Improvements The Environmental Improvements Working Group looked at actions to enhance the town centre environment including planting, street furniture and improvements to the Upper High Street
- High Street Events Working Group The High Street Events working group identified what activities and events might encourage more people to visit Andover.
- Parking and Signage Working Group The Parking and Signage Working Group was created to review the current parking arrangements for the town centre and identify options to improve the signage leading to the town from the trunk road network
- Reviewing Planning Controls Working Group The Reviewing Planning Controls Working Group was created to examine the current policies covering the town centre to see if it is possible for it to become a more multi-functional area enabling public services, leisure and housing to sit alongside shops
- Town Centre Management and Andover's Unique Quality Working Group The Town Centre Management and Andover's Unique Quality Working Group was created to consider the various options for the management of the town centre, and will seek to identify a common theme to foster a greater pride in the town.